Concrete4Change Office/Lab (Full-time)
Remuneration: Competitive Salary including
· Basic Salary + Car Allowance: £35,000 – £45,000
· Share options: £2,000 - £7,000
· bonus upon achieving KPIs: £2,000 - £4,000
Start date and end date (approximate):
This position is available for immediate start. (Flexible on start date based on notice period)
Full time - working hours 9am-6pm
Concrete4Change (C4C) is a R&D company that is developing a ground-breaking technology to utilise and permanently mineralise CO2 in concrete.
C4C technology won a wide range of awards including the United Nations (UN) most innovative Net-Zero technology Climate Challenge Cup at COP26 in Glasgow, Royal Academy of Engineering and UN SDG. C4C is partly owned by two of the largest concrete manufacturers in the World (Siam Cement Group and Goldbeck GmBH). C4C is running several projects in partnership with the University of Nottingham, University of Sheffield & University of Warwick(total project value of £2.5M for 2023-2024) including £1.6 million grants.
This is a key position in the facilitating the company’s activities and operations as we begin the scale-up journey. You will be a key member of the team, helping to deliver the C4C milestones and directly contribute to C4C’s growth.
Please see the person's specifications and roles &responsibilities below:
· 3+ years of project management experience for UKRI or BEIS projects (+£500,000 in value)
· Previous experience with the management and administrative tasks relating to UKRI, Innovate UK or BEIS-funded R&D projects
· Expertise in managing and reporting upon budgetary controls associated with R&D projects.
· Familiarity and expertise in project management tools and methodologies (Agile, PRINCE2)
· Experienced in strategic planning, risk management and change management
· Self-starter, able to design, implement and own project management systems.
· Minimum BSc degree in engineering or chemistry
Previous exposure to complex R&D projects, and or deep-tech start-ups
· Experience in developing proposal/bid writing
· Project management experience in relevant industry sectors – carbon capture/utilisation/storage, materials science ,materials chemistry
· A wide range of contacts in the industry and/or academia with backgrounds in carbon capture/utilisation/storage, materials science, materials chemistry
· Experience in financial controller responsibilities
· Experience with using Xero Accounting software for invoice tracking and payment reconciliation
· Experience in managing and executing reasonable assurance reports with the support of partner accountancy firms.
· Experienced with preparing PAYE payroll documentation
· Familiar with the visa sponsorship license platform and acting as a level 1 user to issue certificates of sponsorships and related HR processes
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Own and manage the delivery of documentation required for successful grant claim submissions to BEIS and IUK
· Management of project and company cost breakdown documentation
· Update the internal team with the latest developments on the project, highlighting key risks
· Monitor and manage resource allocation on grant-funded projects
· Execute change requests for the grant-funded projects where needed
· Work with accountancy partners to produce reasonable assurance reports for grants
· Manage and update all internal company documentation relating to purchasing, HR and R&D projects
C4C is seeking people who want to contribute to the mission of developing ground-breaking technology, with an entrepreneurial spirit and using their skills to build a more sustainable world. We offer typical employee benefits plus a share of what we will build together.
· A unique opportunity to work with top universities in the UK
· An exciting opportunity to work with multi-billion concrete companies
· A competitive flexible annual holiday entitlement.
· A pension scheme
· A competitive bonus upon achieving milestones
· Unrivalled career progression pathway.
· An interesting company social calendar
To apply please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org